Dec 14, 2011

Birthday Girl

Last week, one of my closest friends celebrated her 27th birthday. She just recently immigrated here together with her boyfriend and it is their first time being away from home. We knew how she felt, so we wanted to do something special for her. We prepared a very personal dinner for a party of 5. We prepared everything ourselves--from scratch---including the cake and the cupcakes! It was my first try at baking too, and it turned out okay and we ended up having a really good time. It's nice when you're this far away from home and you have that small group of friends that you can almost call a family.

Anyway, we got really spontaneous later that night and I suggested we do a "birthday photoshoot" for her. I did her make up and the 3 of us turned my room into an instant studio. In the living room, Lauro and Paul had to watch tv in the dark 'coz we took the lamps for our lighting too. lol.

She was reluctant at first coz she never really wears make-up and didn`t think she knew how to pose for the camera. Well, I thought she was a natural and her make-up, not that I`m tooting my own horn *wink*, looks fantastic on her.

I later post-processed the pictures that I took and it blew me away. I mean, I'm not even taking any credit for the pictures at all. She looked amazing in them and it`s all her. I don't think she knows how beautiful she really is.






No comments:

Post a Comment