Dec 10, 2011

Kudos to you!



Mar 3, '09 2:20 PM


Today is my parents' 27th anniversary..and it's special occasions like this that remind me how very far away I am from home. Every year, I always do something special for them. This isn't really a major event in most families as it's something parents celebrate privately but still, I try to show them that it means something to me too ..so every year I give them small, casual gifts. Oh my brothers always have something for them too..but not because they actually remember but because I REMEMBER to include their names in the "from" portion of the card. (and just as I predicted, they didn't remember today!)

...but things aren't the same this year..i am here..and my annual "little somethings" won't be too casual to accomplish anymore..so I told myself that a simple greeting would do just fine.
...i think God thought otherwise. 3 weeks ago, my friend here told me she's going home for a few days and she can accommodate if I want to send some things back home..i bought something for my mom and dad and gave it to her..I haven't thought of it as a gift yet back then.. ...today i woke feeling a bit sad coz it's their anniversary and i haven't got anything..but later this afternoon, my friend sent me a message saying the small parcel's ready for pick up (and I totally forgot about it!). i immediately phoned my dad to ask him to get the "anniversary gift" I have for them. He said he's on his way home to get ready for their date but the place is on the way.

So there...it's like God conspired everything so that I won't have to miss a lot of things this year. It's not coincidental at all. From the very start, I think that that small package for my mom and dad was meant to be received today, at the most perfect time. I give God back all the glory. He knows this means the whole world to me. Knowing I make them smile is what keeps me going through all this "being away from home" drama. Happy Anniversary daddy and mama! I miss you a lot..I love you! and kudos to you for staying together through everything..

No comments:

Post a Comment